Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hummus at Home

Hummus, a paste really.  But isn't it funny how baby food can taste so good.  I don't mean real baby food.  While I was sitting at the house, yesterday, feeling a little dredged down from all the corned beef. I thought, "I need something healthy to munch on that might soak up all of the bad cholesterol that I have been eating the last couple of days."

Hummus, in fact how about Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Hummus

1 14and1/2 ounce can Garbanzo Beans
2 ounces of Roasted Red Peppers out of an 8 ounce jar
3 large cloves of Garlic
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Cumin

I bought a small food processor at walmart about a year ago. It was a 4 cup black and decker.  It cost me 10 bucks, and I have used it all of this time, mainly for this purpose, hummus.

So put the Garlic, Salt and Roasted Red Peppers in the food processor and blend until just coarse.  Next, add the Garbanzo Beans, Olice Oil and the Cumin.  Blend until smooth.  You may need to add a touch more Olive Oil, just to keep things blending until a smooth texture can be reached.

Oh, and save the rest of that jar of Roasted Red Peppers.  Were going to make a serious cheeseburger, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment