So, as you know I have been feasting on a corned-beef I had left over from St. Patrick's day. As I was sitting around this evening watching the latest "Dateline", I couldn't stop thinking about a Rueben.
Here's what I did;
Cut a french roll in half and broil until toasty. Meanwhile...
The Sauce..
1Tbs mayo
1tsp mustard
2tsp katsup
1Tbs sweet relish
Mix and set aside.
Sliced a dill pickle here. And took out my bread.
Thin slice the beef against the grain. I used about 6 ounces. Slather the bread with the sauce. Pile the beef on both sides. I did this on a baking sheet. Top the beef with pickles here. A bit of sour kraut and a thicker slice of swiss, back in the broiler.
I am so hungry for this shiz I'm just gonna switch the oven light on and watch the cheese melt. It's the only way I can make sure it's perfectly browned, any ways.
A nice glass of lemon-ade... Good god, people, i'm all out of corned beef after I eat this. It won't be a year before I re-visit this holiday fave.
Since I become disabled in 2003, I have discovered that cooking@home can present it's own challenges when you factor in; space, time, budget and utencil limitations. This blog is for my tips, tricks and recipes for home cooks who are looking to streamline.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Weekend night at home, wife is out.
Labels:
corned beef,
Recipes,
reuben sandwich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment